1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is fed up with Bill Belichick??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by robertwisor, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2007 called. It wants this thread back.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Covered both of them. Compared to Shanahan, a Belichick presser is like hanging out with Chris Rock.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

As a fanboi looser of a team that lost 52-7 to the Patriots last year, that's my take on the matter.

If I were coaching Powerhouse High School against Shitstain Senior High, running the two-minute drill up 34-7 late in the game would be inappropriate.

If I'm coaching the Redskins against the Patriots facing that situation, I have to think you never think a game is over until the clock hits triple zero. Even with Matt Cassel at quarterback.

In the NFL, even the worst team has some redeeming quality. Not true for Creampuff State.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard people closer to the situation call Shanahan much worse than Belichick. Granted, it's like choosing between your two least favorite uncles, but still ...

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I don't think it was anything personal. Belichick respects Shanahan more than most coaches. He definitely praises him more than any other. But Cassel rarely, if ever, runs a 2-minute drill and with the big lead it gave Belichick a good chance to try it out in a game situation.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Fixed

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Dear Bill Bilichik (and the rest of your miserable, paranoid spawn of hell in the coaching fraternity):

Bill ... you're a football coach, nothing more. You don't lead armies into battle. You're not the chief executive of a nation. You're not curing a disease. You're part of an entertainment industry. That's it. Your sum importance to the greater good of society lies somewhere south of good movies and good music and somewhere north of Tila Tequila. All of the self-important and self-righteous posturing that involves secrecy, total lack of candor with the media, paranoia that would make Richard Nixon laugh out loud and the idea that you're doing something vital for our lives is a case of ego that has run off the road and down a 6,000-foot mountain.

Get over yourself. Please. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Sincerely,

Hondo

8. longgone

longgone Member

What Hondo said.

9. Dear Hondo,

If you are going to pass yourself off as a professional while berating someone - at least get the spelling of their name correct. And if you are going to talk about people who are part of the entertainment industry but who don't realize it - or who like to style themselves as self-important pillars of society - then you need look no further than this very board.

Bill Belichick is very good at what he does. He is among the best ever at his job. How many here can say the same?

Get the beam out of your own eye before complaining in a 5,000 word column about the mote in Belichick's.

Sincerely,

Chris

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry I misspelled the name of someone who is obviously your idol.

He's still a self-righteous jerk.

And just for you B-E-L-I-C-H-I-C-K

Happy now?

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

John Wayne never would have said "please".

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One further point. I got along fine with Belichick and did not feel he was a jerk to reporters. Suspicious, secretive, paranoid, yes. An ass about it, no.

Draft saved Draft deleted