1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is fed up with Bill Belichick??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by robertwisor, Oct 21, 2008.

1. robertwisor

robertwisor New Member

What a pompous ass Bill Belichick is!! I don't wanna hear any reason for the way this man runs his ship. Anytime he has the opportunity to appear as a class A jerk he does it, and always with that damn smirk on his face like he is telling every sports fan who isn't a Patriot up yours. Not to mention how the man ridicules the dress code for coaches game to game. Seriously, Roger Goodell, call the man and warn him he faces a fine if he goes out in that damn cut off hoodie again. He should take a page from the class acts of Jack Del Rio, or the late (and totally screwed over) Mike Nolan's game day wardrobes. Get some class Bill, the whole snob, or too good for the NFL thing is getting tiresome...

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Did I miss something tonight? What did he do now?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This is a joke, right? Right?

4. robertwisor

robertwisor New Member

Well, how about running the two minute drill up 34-7? He did so with that damn smirk of his...could it be him doing it to practice his team for a later time at the two minute drill, OR could it be because Mike Shanahan's record against Big Bill is a winning one and he had to embarrass him as much as he could??

5. Why can't he be more like Tiger?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I miss the "I'm Mr. Gumby from Monty Python" era of Belichick's sartorial splendor ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, I take it you don't know too much about the apparel deal Reebok has with the league?

The coaches aren't all wearing those little vectors on their polos and sneakers as a sign of unity.

8. robertwisor

robertwisor New Member

I'm sure Reebok didn't envision a torn, dirty look that Belichick so happily displays himself for the majority of the season with. Belichick obviously knows he must wear Reebok and since he has the ego that he has, he felt it necessary to ridicule the the apparel deal without breaking the rules to receive a fine...Class A jerk....

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

bostonbred has no idea why he just began to cry.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bill Belichick v. Mike Shanahan, seeing one of those guys pummeled on national television was fun (didn't matter which one it was).
    These guys are pros, the players are pros, it's not like the Patriots' run last year. The Patriots are struggling with a backup qb for the rest of the year. Why not run the two-minute drill?
    I read Halberstam's book on Belichick. Can't say I appreciate the guy much more, but perhaps I understand where he's come from. I think he's always going to be one of those guys with a chip on his shoulder, who wants to do things his way with his people.
    He's kind of like one of those Goth kids in high school. Instead of trying to fit in and be ostracized by his peers, he'd rather go out of his way to look different and if he's going to be ostracized, at least it will be on his terms.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I didn't have a reason to smile until now. I found my replacement for the SportsJournalists.com idiot.

12. Classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted