1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is ESPN blackballing?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Is George Solomon? still writing the ESPN Ombudsman column?
    I haven seen it on the site for several months. The last time I read it I really had to search to find it.

2. Blushing

Blushing Member

Espn has lowered sports commentary and sports media generally, both broadcast and print, to the level of the blabbering idiot.

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

He usually posts once a month...expect a column in the next week and a half or so. His last one was Aug. 31.

4. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

He also does national radio for NFL games on Sunday. Heard him the other day. Can't remember the game.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Gregg Easterbrook, author of the monstrously-long TMQ, was let go a few years ago because of supposed anti-Semitic comments in an interview. He went to NFL.com, and is subsequently back on Page 2.

I have no idea what that means.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It likely means they couldn't find anyone else to write a 5,000-word NFL (though only about half of it is actually about football) column every Tuesday.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder if they included those figures when coming up with that $75k a year average pay bs

Draft saved Draft deleted