1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is ESPN blackballing?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Not really sure what the hell you're on about. But you're being a dick about Smith... You might have seen him on TV, but not as one of ESPN's blunderbusses -- which is kind of the point here -- and you know it.

Bottom line, you strongly suggested that all of us would go to ESPN and yakkity-yak if they offered us a bunch of money. Again, I wouldn't, and again, I'm sure I'm not alone.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Billy, they dumped Dibble outright. I don't remember the specifics, but they wanted to go in another direction, unless his divorce had something to do about it.

The real douchebags are Moroniotti and that no-talent ass Bayless.

Slappy, I know Trev bolted 'cause he didn't want to be second banana, my assertion is that at least the smartass admitted it when asked why he refused to show up the next day.

3. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

What is David Aldridge doing now? I thought he was the network's best pure reporter.

4. ned racine

ned racine Member

aldridge, a real class act covers the NFL for the Philadelphia Inquirer and does NBA stuff for TNT..interesting that he was basically replaced at ESPN by Stephen A and now they work for the same paper

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Isn't Dibble on XM?

6. XXXX

XXXX Member

dibbles on fox sportsnet's the worst damn sports show period

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm being blueballed by Suzy Kolber.

8. XXXX

XXXX Member

also they are blackballing max kellerman and michael holly because they bolted from ATH. kellerman was awesome and should be back on the show or network in some capacity

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, but wasn't it that he gave them the ultimatum, WWL said we're not changing and he bolted?
    I dont think it he stuck with his integrity as much as he did his ego.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you, ol' No. 12...

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Once you're blackballed, you'll never go back!

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

slappy, that is a fair assessment and I'm happy to be on the same page with you.

The question of the night should be who's next on the blackballed list?

Any names worth mentioning??

Draft saved Draft deleted