1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is ESPN blackballing?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Based on Whitlock's recent departure, I'm curious how long the list of print journalists who are being blackballed by ESPN...

John Feinstein (I know one of the reasons was him ripping ESPN to the Lubbock paper after ESPN turned the Season on the Brink movie into a complete work of fiction...)

TJ Simers (Fired from ATH after ripping the show to the San Diego paper)

Jason Whitlock (Fired for ripping Scoop Jackson)

I know TK lost his radio show for being critical of ESPN as a whole. I know there were certain anchors who TK was prohibited from mentioning on the air.

Does anyone know of others? I'm not talking about Harold Reynolds, Rob Dibble and Jason Jackson... I'm more interested in print journalists.

Is Bill Conlin on this list?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I haven't been contacted by ESPN. I wonder if they're blackballing me.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. Yes they are.

4. Ohiowriter

Ohiowriter Member

David Aldridge was let go as .com NBA writer and TV analyst a few years ago.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not true. If he had been, he would have reported it by now and we've heard nothing from him about it.

6. Garner

Garner Member

Trev Alberts. Oh wait, he wasn't black-balled. He was a no-talent douchebag that decided to stop showing up for work. My bad.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe its time for columnists to start blackballing ESPN. I'm starting to think we need one less avenue to make ourselves look like clowns.

8. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Bingo.
    Five years ago, ESPN was a destination for journalists ... does anyone else think that's changed?

9. fully unemployed

fully unemployed New Member

Nope.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not as long as they continue to fork over loads of cash.

11. Nice!

12. fully unemployed

fully unemployed New Member

Precisely.

Draft saved Draft deleted