1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Elected This Dunce?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 19, 2006.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/18/AR2006111801076.html
    Seems like there's some disarray in the ranks.
    Good thing this isn't about, you know, Majority Leader, or there might be real trouble.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Rats (mangy, yellow-toothed, potbellied rats) . . . meet Sinking Ship.

"Vision", sans understanding of basic international realities, is laughable.

Jerkoffs.

3. You really have to love Cakewalk Ken Adelman, don't you?
    Somebody screwed up his pretty litle war.
    Wonder how he feels about Wal-Mart?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

For those guys, the initial steamroll effect was the absolute high-water mark of this administration.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Are you just being glib, or do you honestly (even in retrospect) think that Pelosi was wise to publicly endorse Murtha?

6. I don't think she was wise or unwise.
    I think she paid a personal back and that was pretty much it. And, if half the attention that was paid to an intramural squabble within a majority that hasn't even taken power yet, gets paid to a catfight among the architects of the worst foreign policy blunder of my liftetime, I'll be a happy guy.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Does anyone think that Pelosi is honestly somehow "weaker" or that the Dems are really in "disarray" because Hoyer was picked to be the second in charge or the branch of government with the least amount of power? The Murtha-Hoyer "controversy" strikes me almost entirely as a process story by a media that has shown time and time again that they are unable to stay focused on the most important issue of the day.

8. I'll tell you one thing: It wasn't me.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

First I find it amusing that you frame this in the affirmative, rather than her trying to keep it away from Hoyer, who she hates, which is the way I've heard it all over.

To DD: The story is that in her first act in power , she misstepped. Not insurmountable, not going to cost her her job, but clearly a story, no?

10. And we have a winner. A week's worth of stories. Idiot columns from Maureen Dowd. All for an election within a majority that has yet to take power. Damn liberal media.
    Of course, the fact that the minority elected as its whip a supporter of the segregationist cause, and did so by one vote, demonstrates the chaos within the GOP. correct?
    Meanwhile, back on topic, President Friendless goes to Vietnam and tells his audience that the problem with America is that we didn't kill enough of them back in the days when he was failing to meet his obligations in the stateside guard and then moves onto Indonesia, where he has to hide in the presidential palace.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Who elected which dunce? The idiot in chief or Arlen Specter, who's chief beef isn't about the death of thousands of Americans and even more Iraqis, but the lost of pimp power?

"If Rumsfeld had been out, you bet it would have made a difference," Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) said on television. "I'd still be chairman of the Judiciary Committee."

F-you and the Keystoners who elected you Specter.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When you're one of the King Whores for a long time, it stings when you're no longer Queen of the May.

Draft saved Draft deleted