1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who doesn't love a list? stylus' top 100 videos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jul 27, 2006.

1. TheInsider

TheInsider New Member

Some good stuff I hadn't seen before

Pleased to see Straight Outta Compton, Like a Prayer and Bastards of Young included.

Agree that Money for Nothing needs to be on any list like this.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Around the World is good, but Da Funk is much better, one of the most poignant stories I've ever seen in a video. Love that video, and beat jam.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You'd think a magazine called "Stylus" would have a little more respect for the videos made in an era when people listened to their music with the help of a . . . stylus.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She Blinded Me With Science had better be on that list.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

my question after the list was, who is the best video director of all time. there's really two to choose from -- mark romanek and spike jonze

i thought it was jonze in a run-away, but then you look at romanek's body of work, it's pretty damn impressive

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Videos have directors? ???

I thought most recent videos were just hand-held cameras.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Lasse Hallstrom actually directed many of ABBA's music videos . . . before such things even existed as we know them.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

pitchforkmedia.com had their own list of the top 100 videos a month or two ago. It pretty entertaining because they threw in a lot of junk (a Village People tune about phone sex and a little girl doing a creepy version of that Kelly Clarkson song were two of the odder ones).

9. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Well, the Stylus staff is pretty young. (Outing alert!) I don't think that there was a single staffer over the age of thirty when I used to write for them.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Any list that doesn't have Take on Me as No. 1 is suspect to me. And I'm glad they could fit three songs by Bjork on, but not Money for Nothing or Blinded Me with Science. ::) I am glad they ranked Sabotage high, but not No. 1. And they did give props to Duran Duran's early classics

11. Garner

Garner Member

Where in the hell is "Always" by Bon Jovi?? That video was Oscar-worthy.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did Cliff Richard's We Don't Talk Anymore make the cut? PhD's Little Susie's On The Up?

Draft saved Draft deleted