1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who doesn't love a list? stylus' top 100 videos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jul 27, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the list, with youtube help

http://www.stylusmagazine.com/artic...agazines-top-100-music-videos-of-all-time.htm

if the videos weren't enough, there's this passage which i particularly enjoyed

anyway, the list -- as most of these are -- seems to be too skewed to the recent, but still pretty interesting

2. I realize these lists are put together to generate discussion, but any list of Top 100 videos that does not include "Money For Nothing" is simply null and void. If you want to leave it out of the Top 20, fine. I can at least see that's debatable. But to exclude it from the Top 100 completely is asinine and renders the remainder of the list stupid.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OTOH, any list that has Bastards of Young in the Top 5 is AOK by my book.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Likewise, seeing Daft Punk's "Around the World" at No. 9 was great to see.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

It's a good thing that Nick Southall doesn't write for them anymore, they probably would have had five Oasis videos in the top ten.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"because a girl like you is like a dream come true, a real-life ecstacy ... "

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Just looked through the list and feel like I'm getting old. In the entire list I think there's only about 15-16 videos I've seen and in terms of songs, you might be able to add another 5 or 6 to that number for songs I've actually heard.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

At one time that video was MTV's greatest of all time, according to their own list. To think that 100 other videos have been made to top it is simply wrong. The list is "dead" to me.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That designation would have nothing to do with the constantly repeated refrain of "I want my MTV" would it?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Perhaps, but it's also ironic in that when was the last time you actually saw MTV play any freaking videos?

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed. "Money For Nothing" is a pretty good video - and it was a HUGE single back in the day. But as far as videos go, didn't they run their course some years back? (Maybe the fact that MTV - and MuchMusic up here - rarely play them anymore have something to do with that.)

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Maybe so, but MTV's very name is therefore an abomination. Music Television. Bullshit!

Draft saved Draft deleted