1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you vote for?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Must be those Obama and Edwards votes that ticked him off.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

O'Reilly and Coulter were trashing Edwards (who according to BOR has no chance) so I think I'm going with Edwards. I hope its not Hillary because I just don't want to go through another period of pseudo-scandals. I want some fresh scandals. Thompson or McCain could get my vote if they can shoot straight on the issues.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

That's a pretty big if ;)

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Wing,

Yes, we've had a 24-hour news cycle for quite some time, but in 2003, the networks did not devote nearly this much time to the presidential election. Maybe it was because we had an incumbent. I don't know.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't fucking tell me I'm wrong jerkoff. You might disagree with me, but I'm not fucking wrong.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If Gore doesn't run, I may not vote.

What a pile of shit out there.

Dems a pile of spineless shit.

GOP a pile of psychotic shit.

7. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

i mean, how can one not vote for a GOP candidate?
    the obvious reasons to do so:

1. suppress stem cell research - an affront to God - to hell with curing disease
    2. lower taxes on the rich - so they can live more comfortably
    3. crush gay rights - an affront to God and traditional marriage
    4. criminalize abortion - an affront to God
    5. 'surge' in Iraq - mccain says its safe to shop in baghdad's open-air market
    6. katrina response - helluva job brownie
    7. illegal wiretapping - who needs civil rights?
    8. firing US Attorneys - Alberto Gonzalez, he's our man
    9. $3 gas - what's good for Halliburton is good for America
    10. de-regulate business - Charles Darwin, he's our man
    11. deport illegal immigrants - unless they work for you at minimum wage or less
    12. all white male candidates - no women or people of color need apply
    13. pardon Scooter Libby - to hell with the truth about WMD, he lied for his country
    14. 9-11 - Clinton's fault, he should have KOed bin laden in 98
    15. 2000 election - pat buchanan absolutely got 3500 votes in mostly-jewish palm beach county
    16. red state america - real americans - highest rates of illiteracy, obesity, divorce, domestic violence, alcoholism, huntin' and fishin', and church attendance

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you think that sums up all of the GOP candidates, you need to get a clue...

Just because Bush does something doesn't mean he has the sweeping support of the rest of the republicans...

Most republicans can't wait for Bush to get out of office either...

9. i love the old "keep telling the world that X candidate has no chance" trick--say it enough times and people start quoting it as if it's fact. Hillary is unelectable--really? why is that? i'm not saying she'll win but why exactly does she (or edwards) stand "no chance"? not a knock on anyone on the board, but it always bothers me when someone states as fact that candidates who have been already been elected to public office, have shown ability to raise large sums of money, etc, stand no chance when it comes to being elected president.

10. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Now that's what I call fair and balanced. Great work. Real substantive analysis there.

11. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Giuliani vs. Hillary: The Libertarian
    Thompson vs. Hillary: Fred
    McCain vs. Hillary: The Libertarian or McCain
    Romney vs. Hillary: Romney

GOP vs. Edwards: GOP no matter who they run. Edwards is, by far, the most dangerous threat to a free market economy to run for office since LBJ.

Giuliani vs. Obama: Libertarian
    Thompson vs. Obama: Thompson
    McCain vs. Obama: Libertarian
    Romney vs. Obama: Romney

12. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

"GOP vs. Edwards: GOP no matter who they run. Edwards is, by far, the most dangerous threat to a free market economy to run for office since LBJ."

translation: Edwards is a threat to regulate pirate CEOs who plunder shareholder value and leave an empty carcass.

Draft saved Draft deleted