1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you vote for?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Clinton never had Rudy's history going into the first election, did he? He had a four-year resume in office to focus on for re-election.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'm voting for Ronald Reagan. Lewis Black was right when he said we need a dead president in office.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ooo, Mizzou, that was cold. But good. :)

To answer the question, I go on the left side with every matchup. I don't want another Clinton in the White House, I think Edwards is too bland... Obama is a huge wild card, and he could be a surprise. But I'll stick with the right.

4. I don't like to get involved with political threads, but i will say that Rudy Giuliani is morally bankrupt individual. I lived in NY during 9/11 and yes he was brilliant that day. However, he was a mean spirited, attention seeking bully before 9/11 and became an even worse attention seeking opportunist soon after. Does anyone else remember that he tried to cancel the NY Mayoral elections (or at least postpone it) because he was suddenly America's sweetheart. He's a pig and piece of shit in my book. He's a one trick pony (The Arabs are coming, the Arabs are coming) who will flame out before it even gets close...

for the record, i'm anti Hillary and Obama as well--unless Gore enters the race, my vote is with Edwards (for now)....

my 2 cents..

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Bloomberg probably needs to be in this game.

Rudy will not get the nomination because the Republican powers-that-be want a city-on-the-hill, beacon-of-light man puppet who loves his wife, takes orders, doesn't poke around the dark corners of government. Rudy, at very the least, is not a shit-eater. His appetite for power and fist-waving is insatiable. What you have to know about GOPs is that, secretly, they kinda like to be tickled in their giggle spots (I'm a good person, doing good things, for good people, in a good country, in name of good, with good results) and Bush does that for them. Rudy won't. Believe me, it matters.

It all goes back to this: GOPs never ever want to see a Nixon again. They don't want a smart, ruthless, borderline nut bag who knows where most of the bodies are buried and looks like he could eat grubs for dinner. That guy can be the VP (and in fact now is) but the Prez...he has to drink lemonade, own a pickup, ride horses, crack jokes, punch shoulders and give everybody truck driver names. The GOPs will walk the earth to find that last anti-Nixon if they have to. To me, that's either Romney or FDT.

Just like Democrats will walk the earth to find that last anti-Carter if they have to. A Democrat can sorta hate the way America is - preferably in a snooty, huffy, stay-gold-Ponyboy kinda way - but they can't ever level with Americans and ask them, as Carter did, to lower their expectations a little.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Giuliani vs. Hillary - third party
    Thompson vs. Hillary - Thompson
    McCain vs. Hillary - third party
    Romney vs. Hillary - third party

Giuliani vs. Edwards - Edwards
    Thompson vs. Edwards - Edwards
    McCain vs. Edwards - Edwards
    Romney vs. Edwards - Edwards

Giuliani vs. Obama - Obama
    Thompson vs. Obama - Obama
    McCain vs. Obama - Obama
    Romney vs. Obama - Obama

7. Yeah, and those were eight years of nightmarish peace and prosperity.
    There is not a single fuck-up, authoritarian measure, or extraconstitutional step that this government has taken over the past seven years that every major GOP candidate doesn't also support -- pace Ron Paul -- so, since I think most of that stuff is downright unAmerican, I'll take anyone from Couln B please.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Me, too, but I still hold out some hope that Gore will run because he remains the best candidate.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Silly. predictable thread.

10. boots

boots New Member

I think Gore is a loser. If you can't win your home state, you can't win the election. However, I'm not counting him out of the race just yet.
    Anyway, it doesn't matter. If the Dems truly want to win, they'll put together a Rodham-Clinton/Obama ticket.
    And if Hillary doesn't pick Obama, she'll win it going away. Unless Bubba does something stupid like pull out his pecker for a buff and wax while she's giving a speech.

11. I will be surprised if Gore doesn't run because the one issue he's been passionate about since the beginning of his political career is so mainstream now. Going green, etc, is such a widespread topic now-- when he talks about these issues, people won't be nodding off (for once)...

oh, that and everything he's said about Bush and co for the past 7 years has been right on the money....

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Isn't every political thread predictable?

Draft saved Draft deleted