1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you think will be the next president?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 13, 2006.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Life begins at "Haven't I seen you in here before?"

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Life begins at erection.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Next arguments on the list for Old_Tony:

- Evolution is a crappy theory that only godless morons believe in.

- The world is flat and no real scientest will argue this.

- Jesus is about to return to earth and go America all over your ass!

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Bite your tongue. Cotton killed fitty men! Left his shins in Iwo Jima! And all he gets for it is a son with a narrow urety and Hank's Wife! He deserves a chance!

5. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

I would love to see Feingold run, and while he may give it a try, he's too polarizing on both ends and unwilling to compromise on issues you need to compromise on to get elected.

I had the good fortune of getting a chance to hear him speak in October of 2001. This was when Congress was rubber stamping anything having to do with the Patriot Act, and he was the only politician to oppose it. A real-life Jefferson Smith, although this was a little more important than some boys camp. It was an amazing speech, one that I'll always remember.

Hell, I'll probably vote for him anyway, as long as Obama holds of on running until 2012.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I wouldn't vote for Feingold for exactly the same reason I wouldn't vote for Bush -- too damn stubborn. Sure, he won't compromise his core beliefs, but Congress wouldn't get anything done with him as president.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I haven't the faintest fuckin' clue, but I am reasonably certain it will not be George W. Putsch.

And I thank God for that.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

To say the liberals love McCain is an overstatement. I think he's respected for his honesty, but most of his positions are pretty hard right. He's just honest about it, as opposed to Bush, who keeps trying to convince people he's on the side of the little guy, which to him must mean shoving an ax handle up the ass of everyone who doesn't clear $250,000 a year.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You got something against an incentive to work hard and earn big bucks?

Maybe Bush can make the case he is eligible to run again by admitting that Dick Cheney was really at the wheel the past six years.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Arnold Vinick.

11. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Kevin Kline

[​IMG]

12. McCain/Giuliani could be a winning ticket, with both having surprising popularity in the South ...

Romney has absolutely no chance, given his religion of choice ...

Draft saved Draft deleted