1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you think will be the next president?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 13, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

McCain is doing quite well in SC...you know the state that stopped his presidential hopes cold in 2000. He also has a 21-pt lead over his nearest competitor in AL.

http://www.americanresearchgroup.com/pres08/screp08.shtml
    http://www.americanresearchgroup.com/pres08/alrep08.shtml

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Having a 21-point lead 14 months before the election is like having a 21-point lead in the 2nd quarter of an NBA game -- ain't going to last, and expect a heavy run by the other team.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Yes, but it shows that McCain is acceptable to a strong percentage of Republican primary voters in the Deep South, a sentence that seemed highly improbable 6 years ago.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

belichick. he wins every state but ohio. ;D ;D ;D

6. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

MODDY for pres![flash=200,200][/flash]

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rakim for President!

"So I start my mission
    leave my residence
    trying to think how I can get some dead presidents ... "

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"I am Tim Calhoun, and I am running for the office of President of America. You're probably wondering why I, Tim Calhoun, should be next President of America, and that is why I'm going to tell you why I, Tim Calhoun, should be next president of America.

"I got a lot of great ideas. I propose a little more California, and a little less Mexico.

"When's there gonna be a China-person on the Supreme Court? I propose: Never.

"I say we ask France if they wanna trade the Eiffel Tower for the Grand Canyon, but after they send us the Eiffel Tower, we don't send them the Grand Canyon.

"Horsey sex is bad. I wanna make a law against that. Horseys are for riding.

"Blind people think they're so cool.

"I miss dinosaurs. Let's do somethin' about that.

"In conclusion, and in summary, vote for me, Tim Calhoun, and I'll turn unemployment into a shiny diamond."

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The 2008 race will be Al Gore/Some Poor Sap That Won't Even Be Able to Get Al's Endorsement in 2014 vs. ________.

________ will win.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

My gut tells me McCain. I wish it was telling me Gore/Obama.....

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

McCain. I really won't be that upset.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Recent history has shown us that the Senate is not the way to the White House.
    JFK was the last sitting senator elected president.
    1964 - LBJ was vice president elevated to president two years earlier when he won
    1968 - Nixon was a Republican party insider and former 2-term VP
    1972- Nixon re-elected
    1976 - Gov. Jimmy Carter elected president
    1980-1984 - Gov. Ronald Reagan elected & re-elected
    1988 - VP Bush elected president
    1992-1996 - Gov. Bill Clinton elected & re-elected
    2000-2004 - Gov. George W. Bush elected & re-elected

Keeping that in mind, we have to look outside the Senate.
    I'd love to see Edwards make another run at it.
    We also have to look at the governorships too. If Corzine can straighten out this NJ economy by 2008, then he could be a good choice.

On the Republican side, a name that could do well that nobody's mentioned yet (even political pundits) -- Christie Whitman could fare well in an election.

Who will be the next president? I have no idea. But an Edwards-Corzine ticket could be interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted