1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you feel worse for? The tiger or the 17 year-old?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 4, 2008.

?

Who do you feel worse for?

1. The Tiger

75.4%
  2. The 17 year-old

24.6%
  1. pallister

pallister Guest

You're just going to get scorned for such a reasoned response, SigR. Or jokes will be made to avoid answering. Gotta love this place.

EDIT: Ya, SigR, telling people what they should think and feel is the domain of a select group of posters around here.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Well, present evidence would seem to suggest there aren't many things dumber than taunting a tiger.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I just found it a few minutes ago while doing some more reading on the investigation.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

::)

Somewhere, Poindexter is laughing his ass off at the thread he created.

5. three_bags_full

He sure is.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The 17-year-old has the ability to reason, the tiger did not.
    I am allowed to feel empathy for the kid's family, however the decision was purely his. The tiger had no ability to reason, it reacted naturally. I can feel for the tiger, which did nothing more than act on instinct.
    I am more sympathetic for the creature that had no control of its actions and died for it, than the one who made a poor choice.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You should feel ashamed of this post, pallister.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Why? It's absolutely true, and you know it. Which is the reason for your selective outrage.

9. I'm still soul-searching.

10. three_bags_full

What poor choice? There's no hard evidence that says the kid was taunting this tiger. I may eat my words in a month, but we don't know for sure this kid did anything to provoke the animal.

The woman feeding the tiger last year didn't taunt the animal, I'm sure. Just tossing in a piece of horse.

11. SigR

SigR Member

No reasonable person would think that an animal could jump out of the enclosure at a zoo. If they were taunting a tiger in the forest in India or something, or going after Bigfoot a la Jacklinks beef-jerkey commercials, then you could call them brainless.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dude, I'm kidding.

Take it down a level.

Draft saved Draft deleted