1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who dat guy gonna ref dem Saints?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 16, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

We can't have that. Goodell hates the Saints.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes Mark, that is why.

4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

great title

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

NBC saying he'll work next week, just not a Saints game. Like the NFL had a shred of integrity left anyway.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If anyone ever aimed to fix an NFL game, getting to these sham refs is the best chance they may ever have.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

After watching some calls in many games today -- they've been gotten to. It's a tough job (I do it at the high school level), but today seemed especially brutal. And for the league to have not done homework on this guy ... wow.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Really. Just to think a Saints fanboi almost got to officiate in a Saints game.

9. The hit to the head on Alex Smith when he purposely went into a slide didn't draw a flag (except for the one the Niners got for holding on the play) but drew a rebuke from the NBC announcers.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it's safe to say that most NFL refs have a team that, they root for... But there's a big difference between that, and going in the tank for a team.

I think the NFL made the right move because if that guy had made a call that benefited the Saints, they never would have heard the end of it. If you're a NFL ref, you should make sure that pictures of you tailgating at their games are not on your FB page. It's just common sense...

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, Stropolo's not an NFL ref. He's a scab.

12. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

As an official, albeit basketball, I think it's damn near impossible to fix a game. Maybe basketball is harder because it's faster-paced, but I don't pay attention to who is doing what..I call what I see.

Draft saved Draft deleted