1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who coordinates the AP Top 25?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Who coordinates the AP Top 25 Football Poll?
    I know the state AP rep hands out the state AP vote - BOY do I know - but who handles all the AP votes?
    How could I get in touch with them - via email?
    Or more importantly if I have a beef with how - and who - gets the state vote who would I need to talk to?

Thanks

2. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

What's your beef?

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You're going to complain about the vote in your state? Let me know how that works out for you.

4. No,
    I'm going to compalin about who is doing the voting. And who has been doing the votingng for the majority of the last 10 years.
    I've been bending the ear of the state AP guy for years. It's time to move up the food chain.
    I'm not expecting to change anything. I juts want someone else to see what's going on.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't it usually the AP guy in the biggest city in the state or the AP guy in the city closest to the biggest college town in the state?

6. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Used to be the vote was moved around. But the final criteria was always someone who cared, would do the job and understood the deadlines.

You got a problem? Call Terry.

7. Terry who?

8. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Terry Taylor, AP sports editor — unless things have changed.

9. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

let it go. It's the ap regional guys' call.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If you want a vote, go to a big paper where you're the major DI beat writer in your state. Now that's moving up the food chain. Just getting a vote seems to be more ego stroking than anything else.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What's the problem? Lazy? A homer? Spill it.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You've really wasted that much time over something this valueless?

Draft saved Draft deleted