1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who choked most?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 28, 2008.

?

Duh. Which NFL team is the biggest bunch of choking dogs this year?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Broncos (8-5 --> 8-8)

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Jets (8-3 --> 9-7)

18 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Cowboys (4-1 & 8-4 --> 9-7)

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Buccaneers (8-3 --> 9-7)

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Other (Redskins, Bills)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I disagree and stay awake nights wondering how the Big Life sold eight, let alone 800,000 copies.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And they had a 10-point lead on the Raiders with 10 minutes left in the game (thank you BYH for correcting me on the numbers on the other thread).

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BUH, BUH, BUH ... IF FAVRE WAS STILL IN GREEN BAY THE PACK WOULD HAVE GONE 16-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAVRE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Brett Favre makes church fun, and the communion bread tastes like Doritos!!!

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was surprised it took this long to get to the Cowboys. It wasn't so much that they grabbed their own necks. It was how hard they grabbed them. They probably wouldn't have come back to beat the Ravens but that defense on what was essentially two runs intended to kill 30 seconds had about 10 of us in a TGI Friday's going "WTF?"

And then today. Did they even show up? I spent some quality time with my nephews today and arrived back home just in time to see the first long fumble return.

After last week, Dallas was blessed to still have their fate in their hands. I'm sure they were made aware that the Bucs lost. And then they went out and laid that turd which I think will certainly cost Wade Phillips his job.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If not for Dick Jauron, the Jets finish the season with a five game losing streak and an 8-8 record.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

So as shitty as I felt watching then turning off the Cowboys debacle[/fanboi], I guess TB has it beat. Didn't realize it was a 10-point lead with 10 to play.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the winner of the poll gets......a set of steak knives.

[​IMG]

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The correct answer is Hofstra.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. The Lions. They had one or two-win potential and pissed it all away

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's almost like Tony Skinn punched Daunte Culpeper in the balls.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's a homer pick, but I have to go with the Bucs. 9-3 and leading the division and on your way to a bye.

Then you give up 756 yards rushing in the last four games of the season, and miss the playoffs.

That is horrible, no matter how you slice it.

Draft saved Draft deleted