1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who choked most?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 28, 2008.

?

Duh. Which NFL team is the biggest bunch of choking dogs this year?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Broncos (8-5 --> 8-8)

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Jets (8-3 --> 9-7)

18 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Cowboys (4-1 & 8-4 --> 9-7)

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Buccaneers (8-3 --> 9-7)

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Other (Redskins, Bills)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I voted Jets, but I should have voted for the Bucs. Epic fail.

At least irrational Packers fans can't claim Favre lead the Jets to the playoffs. If anything, he led them out.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Russell has a massive arm.

We shall see what happens next year with him.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

In order to be considered a choker, you have to at least be good. Denver was not consistent enough all year to be considered a good team.

4. Simon_Cowbell

This week, yes.

5. Simon_Cowbell

8-5 is good.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Jets. Favre threw only two touchdowns and nine interceptions during the last five games, where the Jets went 1-4. And the win was a gift against the Bills. And they lost games at Seattle, Oakland and San Francisco this season? No excuse.

Well, except one -- they traded for Favre and cut the better quarterback this season.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nope, they weren't. They have seven running backs on IR. Their defense is 29th in the league. They went 4-4 at home, once a virtual lock to win. Should have lost a fifth to the Chargers. They were blown out by good teams (outscored by like 60 on the season) lost to crappy teams. Lots of injuries, a bad defense, can't beat bad teams. Lots to do in the offseason, namely, find a defense and keep people healthy.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay did go winless this month, too.

I guess I broke it down even further to just today. Tampa Bay at home against the Raiders with zero to play for = you do the math.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I voted for the Bucs, but a convincing case could be made for six teams.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Jets fell farther than even the Bucs or Broncos and they were incredibly lucky to get their one victory over the final five games.

And it was definitely more than one person on SportsJournalists.com hyping the idea of an all-New York Super Bowl.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Beautiful how it came down to Jets v. Dolphins and Pennington came out on top over Favre. Funny funny.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

At least we don't have to wonder what the NFL would have done had the Jets and Giants hosted conference championship games.

Draft saved Draft deleted