1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who choked most?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 28, 2008.

?

Duh. Which NFL team is the biggest bunch of choking dogs this year?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Broncos (8-5 --> 8-8)

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Jets (8-3 --> 9-7)

18 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Cowboys (4-1 & 8-4 --> 9-7)

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Buccaneers (8-3 --> 9-7)

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Other (Redskins, Bills)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Have been saying this for two years now: Romo is Grossman with better talent surrounding him.
    But because he's the annoited saviour of the Cowboys he is given all the slack in the world. The commentators and broadcasters break their necks coming to his defence -- I even heard one radio personality say that he can't be blamed for the Philly loss. WHAT??? did he not watch the last two minutes of the second half where that game went from competitive to a complete gong show? If he plays anywhere else he's ridin out on a rail. Hell he even had TO crying for him in a press conference at the beginning of the year and saying again after Sunday that he felt the same way. He handles the ball like a hand grenade in clutch situations. He has all the tools except where it counts the most -- between the ears.
    I will say this: At least Grossman has quarterbacked his team to the Super Bowl.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Xan is hard. But he is fair.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i was on the sideline when bo went down late in the 1990 playoff game against the bengals. it was a great, close game, but the raiders still hung tough after bo left the field and won.

at least cadillac's prognosis to play again is good. on that day in 1990, football fans were robbed of a special player. (just ask the boz).

Draft saved Draft deleted