1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who bought Vick's house? Anyone know?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've not seen the buyer reported anywhere.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have heard this secondhand from a friend who has connections in the Virginia State Police, but the property is/was being bought by a person who is directly connected to a higher ranking member in the Surry County District Attorney's office.

This is the reason why the buyer has not been announced. I'm thinking the sale should go into public document once the sale is closed. Once this is done, the buyer should be traced (from what I hear, very easily) to the D.A. office. The reason for the purchase (at half price, remember) is that the purchaser might be looking to actually stop the prosecution of Vick. There may be ties to the dog fighting and the D.A. office. I have read that when the purchaser of the property is reveled, many people will be very surprised.

This might explain why there are two separate investigations of Vick's alleged dog fighting operation.

It is almost too unbelievable to be true. If it does pan out this way in 2-3 months, I will be amazed.

Never underestimate, or overestimate, local government.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Who bought Vick's house? Anyone know?
    « on: Today at 08:18:10 PM »

IT'S THE TOMORROW MAN

4. 93Devil

I have no idea how that happened with the time stamp.

5. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

The county's central appraisal district should have home ownership records. I don't know how often they're updated, however.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

William C. Rhoden

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When any home or real estate is sold, the transaction will be recorded in the assesor's office. If it has a lien, that will also be recorded there. It could, however, be recorded as a "ghost title," so to speak (although I can't think of the proper term, right now). It's for high-profile folks and companies who don't want the general public to know they've bought property in the area. The true name, however, must be recorded with the secretary of state's office.

For example, if Applebee's bought a plot of land, it would not want Ruby Tuesday's to know about it. So, the transaction might read, "[land description] to Joe Blow Enterprises" and would include a reference number under which it is registered at the SOS office.

8. 93Devil

Does anyone know?

I heard a rumor this weekend that would really be worth looking into. I really do not want to out myself, but I am not in the journalism business anymore. I was at one time, but I do not have the resources or the means to look into this tip with my current position.

I want to hear if anyone has heard anything. I will post the rumor after lunch. I just want to hear if anyone who posts after me or PM's me anything.

It might be pure crap, but it would also answer a lot of questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted