1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who beat Mike Tyson in the NES classic Mike Tyson's Punch Out???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Isn't it? The first time I watched that, I laughed for about five minutes afterward. ;D

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Check this out.

Whoever this is.........I stand in awe.

3. Norman Stansfield

Chef, great find...but I'm fairly certain that guy doctored the game somehow. I've fought Tyson 1,000 times in my life and there's no way you can knock him down just 1:20 into the first round. If you notice, every time Little Mac hits him, Tyson's energy bar goes down more than twice what it does 'in real life'.

Oh, and I didn't know sportsbra posted on youtube as well. Check out his comment regarding this match:

this is the only time a white person can beat mike tyson in one round...or period for that matter.

4. I recently saw King Hippo, or his son, fight in Toughman contest.
    Weighing in at about 420 pounds, he was trying to punch with one hand and hold up his pants with the other.
    He lost ... :'(

I could get to Tyson, but I never beat him.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thought it was a little fishy myself when Little Mac never even got touched.

6. Norman Stansfield

Chef, you can actually make it through an entire fight without being touched by Tyson -- I've done it myself. It definitely ain't easy, but it can be done.

The thing that makes it fake is the tremendous damage Little Mac does with his punches. That just doesn't happen in the real game.

But, like I said, still a good find. Anything that has to do with Punch Out is cool with me.

7. Didn't Lil' Mac have a super or star punch he could use?
    I know you couldn't use it on Tyson in the first round, but what about in the last two rounds?

8. Norman Stansfield

Oh yeah, Mac has the star punch. It's super-tough to get against Tyson, though, and even if you do, it's almost as tough to throw because Tyson has such recuperative powers. I'd say it's usually 50-50 when you throw it whether it'll even land. When it doesn't it's because Tyson has already started swinging on your ass.

You know, I forgot to mention that I think Super Macho Man is actually tougher to beat than Tyson. There's something about that damn super spin punch -- the second version he throws, not the first -- that's just really tough to deal with.

Draft saved Draft deleted