1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who beat Mike Tyson in the NES classic Mike Tyson's Punch Out???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

You got knocked out by Glass Joe? How is that possible?

On another note, King Hippo's punching combination is my AIM icon.

2. You are the only person I’ve EVER heard get knocked out by Glass Joe. My condolences. :'(

3. I did, but I was three at the time and had never held a controller before.

As the classic Monty Python line says, "I got better."

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Tossed the no-no on MVP '05 with the Cardinals against the Nationals (Sorry, Moddy) in the summer of 2005.

It was actually the cause of my first pissing match at SportsJournalists.com, though I can't remember who complained about that thread.

OH SHIT (I missed this on the first read of Huggy's post and had two posts before I clicked to post mine): HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET KNOCKED OUT BY GLASS JOE?

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don't fucking know! I should never have brought it up. Christ, I've been hiding this secret for 20 fucking years....

6. A no-hitter is nothing compared to beating Mike Tyson. The only thing that comes close is when my brother and I used to play NBA Jam on Sega Genesis and each ran up records around 60-0 (playing only the computer and other people). Finally, we decided to play; it was like a shootout at sundown.

It's close all the way, and I hit a half-court 3 at the buzzer to win by 1. He throws the controller in frustration, and I refuse to play him again. I still haven't.

That comes close...but beating Tyson that first time was better.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I remember that thread. Wasn't it labelled "No hitter alert" or something and guy were pissed because it was actually your no hitter in a video game?

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Jesus, you act like throwing a no-no happens once a week for everyone.

Huggy, yes, that was the one. I keep thinking bydesign was the one involved in that thread, but I could be way off.

9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Man I hated that effing Great Tiger puke. I tried everything on his ass and couldn't even win a decision. Had some intense decisions with him, though. heh.
    King Hippo owned my ass till I was like 12 before I beat him down.

As for throwing a no hitter...it takes real skill to throw one on either Bo Jackson baseball and/or Ken Griffey baseball. I really don't think it's possible.

10. Let it out, Huggy. Let it out.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I need a hug, as it were, for cryin' out loud!

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I'm sorry, Huggy.

Draft saved Draft deleted