1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the friends of Oklahoma State football?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Gundy has banned most of the media from practice, except friends of the program. I would assume that any member of the media who still has access is a tool.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20090824_231_B7_Mdamme274915

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Who are the friends of OSU football?

You have to be in your 40s and be a man.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think we've had the convo here on USC (Southern Cal vs. South Carolina) but in no way in my world is OSU Oklahoma State. I didn't click on this when I first saw it because I didn't care who was friends with Ohio State.

Regionalism. Yay!

4. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Which is worse? The predictable whining of man-boy Gundy (but hey, he IS a man ... he's 41 now) or the whiny fan-boi comments at the end of the story (from the same people who will bitch if there is nothing in the paper, but say that keeping the media out is best for the team and something they support)?

This guy is a joke. I live in the heart of Big 12 country. Gundy gets snickered at by, oh, everyone outside of Stillwater.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thing is, if O(klahoma)SU is as good as predicted, that show will be nationwide.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I think he's 42 now.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Friends of the program = those approved by Mike Gundy

Just another "us against the world" ploy by a coach who is shit-scared of anything he cannot control.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Also thought this thread was about Ohio State. Read the name Gundy and got confused for a few seconds.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Is the newspaper there still providing OSU coverage?

Once Gundy issued his little Hitleresque edict, I would have ended all OSU football reporting until things changed. You don't want us there? Fine. You don't get anything in our newspaper or our Web site.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Easier said than done... Do you really want to do anything else to lose possible readers?

I'm just curious what media members are on Gundy's good list. I think it's illegal to allow access to some media members but not others, so he has to either kick them all out or let them all watch.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Are mothers... mothers of children still allowed?

12. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

if they bring fried chicken, they are

Draft saved Draft deleted