1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are all these people?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Write-brained, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ESPN reporting as many as 200 "members of the media" are expected to attend A-Rod's press conference this afternoon and several other credentials were denied for space.

Anyone want to take a stab at who all is going to be there?

I mean, if you count the NYT, the Washington Post, the LA Times, SI, WSJ?, AP, the 'bloids, the north jersey papers, ESPN, photogs and reporters for a few dozen TV stations, Yahoo, columnists for some of those same papers, another dozen websites, radio stations ... I can imagine 100 and change.

Who else? Bloggers?

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Probably 198 from ESPN. They're pulling college football bloggers off their beats to man the battle stations.

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

the numbers add up quickly: throw in the tampa and st. pete papers; possibly orlando; sarasota maybe; mlb.com; usa today; then you have writers arriving at spring training to cover their team, but they might be swinging that way to cover the a-rod press confernece, especially if that paper still employs a national baseball writer (i know, that's a dwindling number); papers that covered the rangers and mariners might have people there. plus papers/web sites that want video/audio for the web.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

...and none will ask a tough question.

5. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i could be wrong, but reporters are going to ask questions that gammons didn't.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

We can only hope.

7. micke77

micke77 Member

I haven't read, or actually had the time to check, but what is exactly the format of this Spring Training Press Conference for the Ages? Set him up at a podium with MLB logo or GNC logo in background, one-on-ones (just kidding) or gather-round-the-dugout-and-let's-all-act-like-nothing-has-happened scenario?
    Just wondering?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Jack Curry from SI will be one.

Draft saved Draft deleted