1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock's Top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Much like life, you can't always take things at face value around here.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Miami's in on a lifetime achievement award. Which is why the early polls are such bull, and are basically Pythagorean. Heck, I think Missouri would have a decent shot at Miami at this point.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

JW, why do you still have Miami in your top 25? That loss to Louisville should have been enough for you to not put them in...

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why not? The Huskies just beat UCLA (29-19) and their only loss came at Oklahoma (37-20). And both Rutgers and Mizzou haven't beaten a I-A team with a winning record this season.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nag, nag, nag. It's called taking care of business.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I didn't mean it as a slight, dools. I know it's Mizzou, but in this case, I just wanted to point out a perfectly good reason to rank U-Dub when some people might overlook them.

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

I know Rutgers is a fashionable pick right now, but their schedule has been somehwhat easy (wins @NC and vs. Illinois, both 1-3) and reasonably favorable (Louisville and W. Va. loom) in a conference that is not as strong as it once was. Don't get me wrong, I like Rutgers, as it's the only real college team within my geographic area (NY-NJ Metro), but I do not think they will be Top 25 at season's end, though I hope I'm wrong.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Home of The Sandwichman's Deli, in Wilmette ... good, thick sandwiches with fresh condiments.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why is it Rutgers' fault the opponents have 1-3 records right now? Rutgers is the one who helped make those teams 1-3.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I steadfastly believe that no cold sandwich place on Earth can hold a candle to Hero's on the corner of Addison and Western.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

;D

Seriously, Michigan needs to be higher and US lower. Switch those two and I'm cool.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sorry, I just don't think there are 11 teams better than Louisville right now. Especially Georgia, which struggled mightily against Colorado. That's 0-3 with a home loss to a mediocre I-AA team Colorado.

And let's not forget Virginia Tech, which also struggled in its game against Cincinnati. It's not like they went to Nippert Stadium to play the Big East's worst team, no the Hokies struggled in Blacksburg against the Bearcats.

Louisville, meanwhile, did struggle somewhat offensively (if you can call 24 points and 400 yards of offense struggling). However, they put together another defensive beatdown on a home team that was 3-0 heading into the game. Kansas State may not be the same team it was five years ago, but from what I saw, the Wildcats have as good a chance as any team to win the Big 12 Mediocre North.

So, Jason, what will it take for the Cardinals to earn a top 10 spot?

Draft saved Draft deleted