1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FCE, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep.

2. doctor x

doctor x Member

Is it me or did every Super Bowl involving the Minnesota Vikings suck? All due respect here to the Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs and whoever beat them the other time.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Dolphins were the other team.

And Vikings sucked royally against them, too.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Most ironic part about this subject? Behold the Comic Book Guy dialogue this lead sprung from:

Last night's Itchy & Scratchy was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured I was on the internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Jeff George told Whitlock to still be pissed at the Colts.

6. you people are too easy.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The game was a total friggin disaster, a real embarrassment for that kind of stage. But, man, you have to find something better to write about than that.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

you put the dic into predictable.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's go back two weeks.

Assume Bears-Saints had been played in those conditions.

Would there be all this hand-wringing?

I can't figure this board out.

Half the people want the freaking game played in Denver or Seattle or (God forbid) Green Bay; the other half get pissed if a foggy camera lens screws up their precious HD experience.

It's. Just. A. Football. Game.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, come on Columbo...can't you see he wanted to be ripped. It was all a plan by a man whose genius is beyond our capacity to understand.

Or maybe he's just full of shit.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The game was fine. It was the CBS telecast that was a disaster.

Whitlock I think you are being to hard on Peyton Manning. As any good QB would, you take what the defense gives you. The Bears were so concerned about taking away deep passes and seam passes to Dallas Clark that they left flat wide open. Bears LB's were taking ridicules drops which left check off passes to Addai wide open with a lot of room to run after catching ball. Manning was able to exploit it.

You're a football guy. I am surprised that you did not show a better appreciation for this strategy.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Our columnist made a good point today ... that Manning was getting a bit too much credit for this title, just as another quarterback got a bit too much credit for winning Super Bowl III.

Matt Snell did the heavy lifting for the Jets in '68. Addai and Rhodes did the heavy lifting Sunday night.

But the Namath and Manning storylines were self-fulfilling.

Draft saved Draft deleted