1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FCE, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Is it me, or does Whitlock's Real Talk talk -- "That’s Real Talk, and this is the only place you’ll read it, hear it or see it." -- sound like something Scoop would say?

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It seems as though you've thrown a gauntlet smothered in Gates sauce.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Darn it.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hardest hitting Super Bowl I have seen.

You are a moron sometimes.

This is one of those times.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

4:16 left. My crinkled up overtime prop for $1100
    Football ain't Whitlock's sport.

Inane meanderings from Mr. Studdard.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if only all of them did blimp hand, if only ...

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

But...but...but he played the sport! I read about it once!

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I didn't read the last two pages of this thread, but Christ. And some of you wonder why other known names don't come around here, at least as themselves. Whitlock had an opinion and wrote a column. If you disagree with his opinion, argue his points, which some have. But don't just rip him because it seems like the thing to do. Yeah, he's arrogant, but he's up front about it so at least give him credit for that.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't think giving credit to arrogance is a good thing to do, whether it's overt or covert arrogance. And a lightning rod will draw lightning, and I would think he wouldn't have it any other way.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I don't doubt that Whitlock enjoys it, but I'm sure the same thing would happen if other known names came on here and popped off from time to time. People would be throwing their articles and columns up here and tearing them up just to get back at them.

As for the arrogance thing, I guess I just appreciate people who are highly self-aware.

11. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Leon Lett play alone was better than Colts-Bears.
    Jason Sehorn. That is all.
    And those San Fran teams were such machines, it was at least fun to watch the domination.

Colts-Bears was pretty awful. Prince at halftime was the best thing about it.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Fuck that.

That was a lazy-assed column.

Draft saved Draft deleted