1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FCE, Feb 5, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Other times ("I think I'll start threads about myself") it's more like 8.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe the sign read "Bledsoe gay? Pats suck."

3. someone just beat me to it. i had to write an aol column this morning so i was a little busy. i'll post the aol column later, after they slap it online. it's pretty funny with some great rips on salisbury and the pipemaker.

this game was a poorly coached joke. toss in all the turnovers and you have the worst super bowl ever.

thanks to all the editors who ran my column. your readers appreciate your willingness to give them what they want, need and deserve.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what's that? for you to jam a fucking ice pick through your eye?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jason, I was at Super Bowl XX, and Super Bowl XXIV, and I know from lousy Super Bowls. This one I'd put right in the median of the 41. A game that begins with a kickoff return for a TD has to have some redeeming artistic merit, especially if the team with the TD winds up losing.
    The Colts were a much superior team and won handily. That's the story of the vast majority of Super Bowls. The rain and turnovers were just a disguise.

7. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Kidding, right?

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

He is a fucking idiot that don't know shit cause no one be reading his fucked newspaper.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I can think of four or five worse Super Bowls.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Dallas 52, Buffalo 17. A major ass whipping. Any time you stop watching the game at halftime to go shoot hoops in the driveway with your buddies, you know it's a bad game.

Super Bowl XXXV: Baltimore 34, New York Giants 7. I shit you not - I fell asleep in the third quarter of this "thriller."

Super Bowl XXIV: San Francisco 55, Denver 10. Well, at least the 49ers showed up.

Super Bowl XXIX: San Francisco 49, San Diego 26. One of the many Super Bowls that was decided long before kickoff. Like another doozy, Super Bowl XX.

And those are just the ones I remember watching. I'm sure there were others before before Super Bowl XXVII, the first one I remember watching.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

And Marvin Harrison, who Whitlock thinks is overrated because he isn't as great as Jerry Rice was.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I covered the Ravens-Giants Super Bowl and that game was fucking dreadful, much worse than last night's game...

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And as dumb as this post is, it's not even the most absurd one on this page...

Draft saved Draft deleted