1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock talks about Whitlock, the good 'ol boy network, Rob Parker, etc.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Even Whitlock wouldn't say that.

2. silent_h

silent_h Member

I tend to see Whitlock's writing as the work of an oft-imaginative architect whose projects always end up being half-built, with missing plumbing and unfinished roofs; abrupt, jarring shifts in concept and structure (look, it's half of a swimming pool ... next to half of a tennis court); and always, always an enormous bronze statue dedicated to the singular Truth To Power courage and boldness of Jason Whitlock, erected in the front yard, decked out in megawatt Christmas lights and a sound system blasting the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

But maybe that's just me.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Ha! ;D

I think he sometimes makes good points when he's on his meds.

4. silent_h

silent_h Member

Oh, for sure. Lots of good ideas. Bright dude. I've bashed some of his stuff I considered lazy and/or cheap bear-baiting in the past -- his Jeremy Lin piece comes to mind -- but half of that is because I know he's capable of more and better. I dunno if he just loses focus and interest in his own work while writing, or is satisfied solely by coming up with said ideas, or simply doesn't put in the time. I've read some of his older KC stuff. A few of the pieces were so much more rich and developed, it's hard to believe the same guy wrote them.

Draft saved Draft deleted