1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock Takes on SJ Icon Peter King

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jason-Whitlock-says-Pro-Football-Hall-of-Fame-selection-process-still-needs-reform-021511

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This again proves the need for a "Running Whitlock Feud" thread.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Has "running" and "Whitlock" ever appeared in the same sentence before?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm. I can attest that I have witnessed him play basketball before, so I guess that's running...

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I would think "lumbering" would be miore like it.

And while I agree that the Pro Football HOF selection process is like a secret cabal, the minute Whitlock pulled the race card -- as he usually does -- I stopped reading.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Is Richard Dent white?

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that column.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Loved that Whitlock obviously got under Kings skin. Thought this was a pretty good stuff here:

"Nope. Sports Illustrated’s Peter The King and The Dallas Morning News’ Rick Gosselin are the Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell of the HOF selection process. In his weekly Monday Morning Quarterback column, King rose from his throne and offered his defense of the fiefdom he and Gosselin oversee.

A Palin-like populist, King nailed himself to a cross (insinuating that I called him racist), pretended that the ethics of journalists are somehow superior to those of athletes and coaches, suggested my passionate support for Willie Roaf was a byproduct of “regionalism” and acted like it was ridiculous to think any back-room deals could influence the selection process.

I’m not doing his column justice. Read it yourself here.

After I read his column, I was left to believe one of three things about King: 1) He’s naive and simpleminded; 2) He never learned a single journalistic principle at Ohio University; 3) Money and fame caused him to abandon what few journalistic principles he ever had."

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Are all well-known journalists whiny bitches?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's theoretically possible that one isn't, though no such evidence exists.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

In all seriousness, do any of these guys filling column inches with feud after feud really think the readers care? I know a lot of people around here do, but it seems a disservice to bother the average reader with this petty crap.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Whitlock vs. King ... next on MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch.

Draft saved Draft deleted