1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don’t know where Shitlock was before he got to KC, but he absolutely sucked when he was there. I mean, he had trouble putting together coherent sentences, let alone stories. And it was all the more apparent compared to Posnanski.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

But that's what made The Star a superb sports section in the late 90s. Poz and Jason were a fantastic 1-2.

I'm rather bemused that Whitlock has been able to land job after job after job in the business. It's like he oscillates between FOX and ESPN, playing them off the same way I do with DirecTV and DISH, except he makes off a whole lot better. More power to him -- he's able to be one of the few to make real money talking.

However, there's a difference. The presence of some people will MAKE me watch. Cowherd. Stephen A. Smith, Michaels/Collinsworth, Greg Jennings, Trent Dilfer (yes, Dilfer, I feel I learn more about the QB position whenever I hear him).

Whitlock was never in that group. He's in Bayless, Kellerman, Beadle, Greenberg, Golic, Wingo. I don't care if they're on or not.

Chef2, BartonK and MileHigh like this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Fantastic sentence.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am very amused that Whitlock thought a direct-to-consumer business would be even an option right now.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Maybe he means he's selling knives for Vector Marketing.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I think he's going to find out they don't love him like that.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Sage got booted from the NBA gigs a while ago. That's Rachel Nichols property now. Sage does that 5 p.m. Sportscenter and does it pretty well. She's a very good anchor.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He'll be joining Jemele at The Atlantic any day now.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What do you see in Cowherd?

studthug12 and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Exmedia, I have to say that while I avoid sports talk TV in general, I REALLY avoid Cowherd and Stephen A. I very slightly know the latter, and he struck me as an OK guy, but his persona on TV is intolerable to me.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Stephen A. made himself a permanent non-listen when he attacked Herman Edwards for not sending the kick team out on third down, years ago.

Whitlock has shown he will write and eat shit for money. There's always work to be found with that.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Who hired or supervised Whitlock and Poz at the KC Star back in the day?

Draft saved Draft deleted