1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Begrudgingly because clay travis sucks, not because he doesn't clearly appear to be right in this instance. Assuming it was the same size as the other loop on the garage next door, whoever opened the garage and thought that was a noose is an idiot.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How are garages assigned to drivers? The only black driver on the circuit wound up in a garage with something resembling a noose.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is really bad all the way around. There was a similar case in Oakland - a guy, who happened to be black, arranged some ropes in trees around a park for his exercise routine. Someone mistook them for nooses.
    I don't think one noose or the lack of one changes anything - someone still paid out of their own pocket to fly a confederate flag from a plane above Talladega - and if nothing else, it gave Wallace's fellow drivers and teams a chance to clearly demonstrate which side they were on.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Usually points, and obviously the 43 isn’t 4th in points, but that’s with all teams in one garage area. They’re split among both the garages at Talladega under COVID-19 protocols.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thank you.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This. Gotta believe in the monster of all coincidences to think this was an accident. Fortunately, the FBI in 2020 would never hurry an investigation and reach a bullshit "truth" in order to sweep something under a rug for dear leader.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mr. Whitlock will be busy busy busy.

9. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

"">

OK, yeah, that's a noose

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure messrs Whitlock and Travis will make a few more internet dollars out of this, without reference or regard to anything they got wrong.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Patchen likes this.
  11. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Weird story. That's a noose. I understand the reaction and investigation. Unless I'm missing something, there is no evidence it targeted Wallace.

12. Rus-L

Rus-L New Member

This.

Draft saved Draft deleted