1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

"The easy answer is global corporations want Trump out of the White House. He disrupted the new world order and society’s conversion from patriarchy to matriarchy.

I’m not sure I fully buy the easy answer. I don’t know what I believe at this point. I’m as perplexed as the next man or woman."

I guess when you can't get make it work at ESPN and FOX, you have to sink to this level of brain-dead to keep cashing checks.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It sounds like a child discussing politics.

Why read Twitter when I can get nitwit politics elsewhere

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock is not Mike Royko, but, then, no one is. You can't be a Mike Royko today, and write the things Royko wrote, at times strongly criticizing the left or Democratic-led administrations the way he did. A city columnist can't do that today. You criticize the left at the peril of your own job unless you work for a right-wing media organization.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

please identify the “city columnists” that are on your regular reading list.

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

John Kass is a columnist for the Chicago Tribune and has never met a Democrat he liked, either in Illinois or Washington.

I do think the few remaining city columnists tend to steer away from politics because they want to be perceived as a bipartisan figure. Could you imagine Mitch Albion getting on either side of a divisive issue. Those guys want everyone to love them.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Obviously it's not diverse enough. Who do I need to be reading?

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I've never worked for a liberal publisher/administrator in two decades plus. That includes the government.

Those individuals did not seem to mind at all if you took pot shots at libs.

Anecdotal sure, but it's all I have to go on.

Save the conspiracies for the next rally that draws less than a Wiggles concert.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I am not sure who I should read. But I would like to sample more city columnists. Because of cutbacks the papers I read have largely eliminated the position. I would like to check some out.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The next left-of-center publisher I meet will be the first. The idea that the media is liberal is one of the great strawmen of all-time. Are most writers left-of-center? Of course. That's what being educated and compassionate gets you. But writers turning the media liberal would be like foot soldiers determining foreign policy. Of course, anyone who says the media is liberal is too stupid to be swayed this way, soooo...

Dog8Cats, SFIND, Mngwa and 3 others like this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

royko's columns on salon always slayed

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted