1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock on CNN vs. Amy Homes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Wheel Gunner, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I looked at her for a second to make sure she spoke highly of me after speaking highly of another man. She picked my handsomeness. She could have picked one of several other superlatives.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

at least she didn't point out any... shortcomings... ;D

3. Hammer Pants

She'd have to find them, first.

(The best and worst way to answer that).

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Well in your case at least she can find them.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

If Jason Whitlock were to become the new spokesman for Black Ameirca then Black America would be worse off than ever.
    We certainly can do without Jackson and Sharpton -- referred to be an esteemed East Coast white columnist, who I guarantee you has done more for black youths than the "reverends" ever have, as "welfare pimps" -- but Mr.Pimp Hand-Work my Corners has nothing to qualify him as a spokesman for anything except his own overblown ego.

6. I believe it's Amy HOLMES, by the way.
    And I think she's the squeeze of Howie Kurtz, though I may be wrong.

7. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Whitlock's rant was right on. He made some GREAT points. As a black person, I cringe everytime I see Sharpton and Jesse Jackson rush to the scene and make public comments. And now we have Oprah Winfrey chiming in. I mean, Oprah has the audacity to pile on - another media member running with and sensationalizing this story a la the Duke lacrosse case - and telling the Rutgers girls how courageous they are and asking Stringer - so emphatically - how they're holding up. What I'd really like to see is Oprah, in a week or two, show some chutzpah and follow this up by inviting famous gangsta rappers on her show in a Q/A format and ask them to justify their catchy "bitches ain't nothin but tricks and hoes" lyrics.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The country could do worse than have have Jason Whitlock as a spokesman for African Americans. As a matter of fact, this country has done worse. Every time Al Sharpton opens his mouth and someone turns on a camera to record it, this country sinks farther into Caligila territory. Al's qualifications for leader are his lifelong attempts to libel or slander as many people with the charge of rape as possible.

9. When NBC News gives Jeezy a show, when Rudy Giuliani sits in with 50 Cent, y'all give me a call, OK?

10. Hammer Pants

Didn't Rudy kick all the thugs out of NYC?

(Note: Thugs come in all colors. 50 cent has been arrested several times. He is known as a bad guy. He is black. There are white people just like him).

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

NO Rudy didn't kick all of the thuigs out of New York.
    He had his police brutality squad shootl a few, sodomoize some, beat up others --- with no real cause.
    Then he rounded up the homeless and forced them into shelters that have higher crime rates than the streets have.

Then he acted like the King of New York.

12. ...and then he dumped his second wife for his third, and humiliated his kids on citywide TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted