1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock: NCAA Paves the Way For Dookies White Boys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 15, 2010.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

And with each column he finds fools who actually buy it

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Go Duke!

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

So more people are gonna watch because the Dookies start 3 white boys without ink? By that standard, Utah, Princeton & BYU should be on CBS every Saturday afternoon. More likely is that people love to hate the team and see them lose like the Yankees!

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Cornell drum beat is already starting.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I don't know if I agree with Whitlock's conspiratorial premise, but I absolutely agree that something is mighty suspicious about the apparently easy road Duke got compared to Kansas' considerably more challenging path.

Kansas is the No. 1 overall seed, which logically seems like should correspond with the weaker No. 2. But instead they get as their No. 2 Ohio State, who has been playing as well anyone in the country the last couple months and, IMO, is clearly the strongest No. 2. And the team that I thought was the most dangerous Sweet 16 opponent, Michigan State, gets matched up against Kansas in that round. Meanwhile, the high seed that was just completely neutered by season ending injury to their best player, Purdue, is put in Duke's bracket.

I can't blame Jayhawk fans for being pissed about those brackets. They do seem rather odd.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If the NCAA paved the way for the Dookie white boys by giving them a No. 1 seed, then what did they do for Georgetown by giving the Hoyas a No. 3 seed?

This team tied for seventh in the Big East and was barely above .500 in conference play. It's best OOC win was a 1-pointer over Temple. It's 5-5 in its last 10 games.

It did also play Washington, Butler and ODU OOC, but certainly it wasn't an especially ambitious OOC schedule; Savannah State? Harvard? Mt. St. Mary's? American? Lafayette? Tulane? Does Feinstein do Thompson's scheduling for him?

Yet this team was ranked as one of the top 12 in the country?

But of course Whitlock won't say boo about Georgetown being ridiculously overseeded.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well of course not, they have black guys and a black coach.....

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Local radio had Pat Forde on today.. said the NCAA did everything but offer Duke a cigar and a massage...

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

A completely ridiculous comment.

The Duke hatred/paranoia has reached totally insane levels, even among those who usually are sane.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Duke sucks

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's a Missouri newspaper :)

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

... that sells a shitload of papers in Kansas.

Draft saved Draft deleted