1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock: NCAA Paves the Way For Dookies White Boys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 15, 2010.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

You actually don't think Kansas is a top level basketball program, or am I missing the joke?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Kansas one of those programs that despite the team's history, championships, legendary coaches and continuous presence in the Final Four, doesn't seem to register on the needle with fans outside Kansas like a UCLA or Duke or UNC or Kentucky.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'm in this camp.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

3 Final Fours this decade - if they get another and possibly another title this year, I'd say that has changed. (And I'm indifferent about Kansas.)

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And they always have one, sometimes two, smirking white punks I'd love to slap upside the head. They're Eddie Haskell's Team.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

People know Kansas is good. They just don't seem to have strong feelings about the Jayhawks.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Gimme Singler and Scheyer this year.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In terms of level of play, they are.

In terms of who gives a shit, nope. Behind UNC, Duke, UCLA, and the Big East now, forever, and always in terms of glamour and ratings.

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Cool, thanks! Whitlock... people who like basketball like ballers. Tats and black people don't bother anybody who likes basketball except maybe great-grandpa, who a) wouldn't like tats on white kids either and b) will be asleep before the starting line-ups are introduced on the west coast.

For those that don't like black people on their TV sets, they must not watch any sport except hockey anyway. I would guess they just watch FOX news.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Duke year in and year out always shows a lot of courage under pressure. I believe that is why so many folks like to watch them play.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't mind tats or black people. I hate people who post entire articles on message boards, though.

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

What, that Dean Smith and Adolph Rupp learned the game from the Phog?

Draft saved Draft deleted