1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock nails Danica Patrick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Why do you say that, Coffee? Geoff Bodine doesn't like Dale Jr.? I'm asking out of ignorance, I have no idea.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Back about 20 years ago or thereabouts, Bodine and Dale Sr. had an on-track rivalry that was legendary in its viciousness. If you saw Days of Thunder, then you remember the scene with the rental-car race between Cole Trickle and Rowdy Burns from the hotel to Sophie Kay's Top of Daytona (RIP :'() ... that was based on something that really happened between Earnhardt and Bodine.

Now, I don't know if Bodine still holds anything against the Earnhardt family. But that was the first thing that came to mind.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Local TV in Indianapolis reporting that Danica is leaving RLR for AGR.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

????

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Good move, probably the best one available to her. Rahal Letterman is a second-rate operation (EDIT: that she did well in just to finish fourth at Nashville); now we'll get to see what she can do in top-of-the-line equipment. Who's she replacing? Or is Andretti Green adding yet another team?

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=171536

6. damn, the irl never gets things totally right!!

why have danica and marco on the same team? why?!?!?

if penske and ganassi wouldn't step up, then i guess i understand the move and it's a good one.

but now danica joins the one indy power that is snake bitten at indianapolis motor speedway.

she needs to win at indy to save the irl.... and i wanted danica and marco to be bitter rivals.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Penske? No seat.

Ganassi? No seat.

AGR? Two seats.

So who's out at the Andretti shop? Mr. Ashley Judd or Bryan Herta?

8. penske and ganassi could both afford to run three cars.... they have in the past...

9. 2muchcoffeeman

"When they had sponsorship for a third car," you meant to say.

10. JackS

JackS Member

Other than for the 500, when did Ganassi run more than 2 cars?

I still think she should have stayed at RLR and shown some appreciation to the only decent team that would have ever given her a crack at the big time.  Based on Saturday, it seems to me RLR is getting its equipment back up to snuff, so this must be all about more money. But she'll get lost among the AGR group, and *definitely* play second fiddle to Marco.

11. according to the indy star and curt cavin, ganassi ran three cars just last year.

2muchcoffee

do you honestly think penske or ganassi would have trouble getting sponsorship for danica?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys keep arguing, I'm gloating.

If this report is true, my most recent column looks genius!

Draft saved Draft deleted