1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock nails Danica Patrick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Jul 13, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not a damned thing wrong with 4-inch platform flip flops. :D

I'm about her height. Life's tough down here, ya know.

Wasn't there some big to-do last year when some other driver said she had an unfair advantage because she was so small weight-wise?

2. KP

KP Active Member

Hey, chick, while you're down there... [/ducking]

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Random observations:

* Danica should have to wear weights like the underweight jockeys at a horse race. Hell, she's what, 20 pounds or so under the jockey weight?

* Next time I'm in an interview situation with Danica, if ever, I will ask her how she gets her feet so pretty. Just to see what kind of reaction I get out of her. If she tries to get in my face about it, though, she'd better bring a pole vault pole.

4. I think that's called "mud shrimping."

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

5. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

the top of her head is a nice view.

6. i'm embarrassed how little some of you know.... saying that dale jr. isn't liked by his nascar peers isn't even remotely debatable or controversial.... there's nothing but bad info on this thread.

i see why so many of you wanna remain anonymous.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jason, that was a pretty good column but if I were you I'd be desperate to remain anonymous after one particular point you tried to make. Ganassi didn't just put a deal together to take Juan Montoya away from F1. Instead, both he and Montoya took the only options available to them --- Ganassi has no young drivers in the development pipeline for his second-tier NASCAR operation and Montoya has no open-wheel options available anymore.

Whose Kool-Aid have you been drinking?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Since Jeff Gluck is a well-respected NASCAR guy, I'm gonna defer to him, especially given that NASCAR isn't your normal beat, Jason.

And given that I know who Bogie is, diitto on him.

So that's two NASCAR guys saying that line's crap, and I know who'll I'll trust on the matter.

9. yeah, i should be embarrassed. boy, i'm gonna have them pull the column after that. wow. i quit.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Dude, since you would NEVER admit it if you did fuck it up like you did this one, there's no point debating.

Reading that column reminded me of Eddie Murphy in the bar in 48 Hours.

Though, your comedy was much less intentional.

11. Oh, piss off with that, Big Time.
    Gluck's not anonymous. Answer his criticism with a little more than "I know this and you don't." As a non-NASCAR guy, I'd be interested to know the truth of it.
    Substance. It's not common around Page Two but it's appreciated elsewhere.

12. i don't know jeff gluck. (honestly thought it was an anonymous name.) but i didn't write the piece without talking to people quite familiar with nascar and the irl. and i've certainly heard from people within nascar and the irl since the piece ran.... nascar went overboard promoting dale jr. for several years and set off the normal amount of anti-dale jr. jealousy.

Draft saved Draft deleted