1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock nails Danica Patrick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Looks like J-Dub has been catching up on the SJ open wheel thread lately! :D

I agree, he's exactly right.

And that goes double for the fact that this is a bargaining ploy. While everyone salivated over the story that had her family negotiating with NASCAR, everyone ignored the info from Danica saying she was trepidatious about driving 38 weeks a year.

2. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Excellent point. If she wants to have a racing career yet still leave room for her potential outside interests [modeling, etc.], then NASCAR doesn't make much sense.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Whitlock would crush her.

4. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I think in person, Danica resembles a little boy. She is a very tiny person.

But my reason for posting is a line in Whitlock's column. He says some drivers hate Dale Jr because they're jealous. I've never heard that before...any names or are you just guessing? I think Dale Jr. is well-liked among his peers.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I choked on a peanut m&m reading the subject line.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She's what 5-foot tall, 100 pounds? That's just slightly bigger than a figure skater.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. :D

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Her elbows look swollen.

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

Whitlock is a fatass

10. lono

lono Active Member

Junior is one of the most popular drivers with his peers. If anyone hates him because they're jealous, it's in some vague, abstract, philosophical sense, not personal dislike.

Given who his dad is, he could have been a real dicksnort, but he's a regular guy with the other drivers.

11. accguy

accguy Member

I interviewed her about a year ago and boys she ain't all that. Kind of cute? I guess, but whoever said 5-0 and 100 lbs might be overstating things on both counts.

Honestly, if you saw her at a bar, you probably wouldn't look twice.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Danica can look pretty hot, pretty cute, average, below average, boyish or weird at any given hour (the Julia Roberts Syndrome). The last time I saw here she seemed pretty cute. And she's 5-0 if she's on her tippy-toes. And wearing those platform flip-flops that add like four inches. And Dean Smith is doing the measuring.

Draft saved Draft deleted