1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock nails Danica Patrick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Disingenuousness too. What a surprise.

2. The brothers Bodine saga most memorable on track moment was when brother Brett "Bodined" brother Geoff / Geoffrey at one of the Brickyards. I believe the number 7 QVC car was leading at the time.

I haven't been in the garage area for a while now, but it always seemed to me that the regulars would have a leg up on things. I don't doubt what JW was told, just my impression.

I also was there for a different business than most of you, but still dealt with agents, drivers, team management, etc.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And that, Jeff, is why we are (mostly) anonymous here.

4. JackS

JackS Member

Seriously though, how many people have lost jobs over what they've posted here?  I remember two instances when people who weren't anonymous did, but those two were just asking for it with what they posted...and one of those should even be classified more as a blaze-of-glory resignation.  I think a couple of others may have been canned, but they *were* anonymous, so anonymity obviously didn't save them.

I don't see how people could be fired unless they either posted something incredibly stupid under their own names or spent hours of their employer's time posting here, and in those cases, they should be canned.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If the employer decides to make an issue out of it, the employer can do basically whatever it wants.

The figurehead MEs grow a backbone surprisingly quickly when they see an opportunity to abuse their authority and to flex their tiny muscles.

Draft saved Draft deleted