1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock lands at Foxsports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Any Net columnist not at ESPN.com or yahoo.com is spinning his/her wheels. What could Whitlock have possibly been thinking 2-3 job moves ago?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dools, while I understand what you're saying, he had good reason to leave ESPN.com at the time. It would be difficult for even his critics to blast him for leaving ESPN.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I just love how his agenda-less opinions were based on his current biggest agendas -- i.e. pissing on C. Vivian Stringer's foot and trying to get the AD at Ball State replaced.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, after he bit the hand that fed him, what else could he do?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The latter is not without merit; the former parlayed the incident into her own gain.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gee... it's too bad we all can't be such a paragon of virtue and truth like you.
    How can you stand being us mere mortals?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I do not disagree, I'm just pointing out the irony of Whitlock's "agenda-less" opinions which happened to be based on his two biggest agendas right now.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why is that Dooley? I've pretty much stopped going to ESPN all together unless it's to read Buster Olney. Fox Sports has fast become my sports web site of choice.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think his best agenda is tweaking ESPN and Loopy at every chance,.., but he doesn't.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sure seems like he tossed Michael Wilbon under the bus in this column.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True, but Wilbon deserved it, as Bubbler proved here; it wasn't gratuitous ESPN bashing.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No one in media is better fitted to a network.

Congratulations, fat man. You have truly made it.

Draft saved Draft deleted