1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock, Kriegel and O'Connor.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Oct 4, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been pretty disappointed with Kriegal since he resurfaced, although I don't read everything he does. Whitlock is Whitlock -- provocative if not exactly poetry. O'Connor is maybe the most industry's most predictable columnist, uncanny in his ability to have an opinion that matches mainstream America every time. Yahoo! is the next great sports site if it isn't already.

2. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

foxsports.com is pretty cool.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Deep. Very deep.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if it's yahoo or fox or allupinit.com, a good story is a good story.

5. fishwrapper

It does matter, though.
    A message is undeliverable without an audience.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's what we're here for, though, to post the good stories :D

7. boots

boots New Member

While all three are nice guys, I don't go goo-goo, ga-ga, over them. The days of having someone else tell me how to think about a subject are pretty much over. I can think and formulate an opinion without the help of those three.

8. Specifically, this time around, when MSN.com decides to go with MSNBC for sports like it does for links to news, business, entertainment, etc., that will be the end of foxsports.com's little smoke-and-mirrors claim to being one of the leaders.

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

yeah, that msn.com deal does help a lot.

10. fishwrapper

I would agree with you to, but General Electric is a dicey company, too.
    They're gargantuan and they're media holdings are many and strong, but I'm not as confident without Jack Welsh.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Coming from a man who spends half his life defending the opinions of William Rhoden

12. boots

boots New Member

Correction. I defend Rhoden against those who allude that he writes only about race issues. Big difference.
    And trust me, I don't spend half of my life defending him. I have a life.

Draft saved Draft deleted