1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock Hits Another Out of The Park

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 25, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You might get more serious thoughts and information if boom wouldn't continually delete threads and would let the moderators do their job. I personally have nothing bad to say about you, but I don't have particularly good things either, so I usually stay off the threads about you. However, since this particular one is a reincarnation of yesterday's, I wanted to see if the conversation changed any.

Quit frankly, this is getting fucking ridiculous. I hope you delete this one, too, boom because this needs to be said. Get the fucking stick out of your ass and quit deleting your threads. I'm tired of waking up to find new threads that are identical to the one you deleted. If the moddy's were deleting your threads and you restarted them, it would be one thing, but it's you deleting them and reposting the same shit over and over again. Don't you have anything new and interesting to say? Quit deleting your threads. Please! Most of us are tired of it.

2. "then I think you would probably find kids listening to hip hop are extremely creative and have a better grasp on the world around them and their place in it."

WOW. Ladies and gentlemen, we just found Dave Chappelle's replacement, and I'm headed to Africa to get away from this mess.

footballscribe, i know you are referring to the positive rappers/hip hop artists... but if Common went triple platinum we wouldn't be having this discussion.

3. You're probably right. I think it's an impossible question to answer and I should have left it at that.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Here's my contribution to Mr. Whitlock's workday. Note that the violent crime rate among "blacks" (as characterized by the Bureau of Justice Statistics) has gone down over roughly the same time period as hiphop and rap were in their ascendance in popular culture.

[​IMG]

Here's the website, with very detailed and specific breakdowns of crime statistics in this country since 1950.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance.htm

Is the music driving the behavior? Or is the behavior driving the music? Are the two things even linked?

5. no biggie. you love hip hop. i don't blame you for defending it. my mother loves me and will tell strangers that i can do no wrong... but she knows i'm screwed up and she scolds me for it. hip hop needs a good a$$-whooping. that's all.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Why does gangsta rap continue to get made?
    It is continually consumed.

It is that simple.

The fact that Whitlock continues to consume it isn't exactly helping to reduce its production.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If you're going to blast mainstream hip-hop for being unhealthy, Cam'ron is too easy a target, because he hasn't done a thing in years. No one ever thought Cam'ron would help pave the way for black America's quest for social and economic equality.

Cam'ron won't ever be confused for Chuck D or Ice Cube.

8. I like black people.

9. Oz, I've mentioned Cam'ron in one column. I've written about Snoop, 50 Cent, Young Jeezy...

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Have you written about Tech N9ne yet?

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

and you need a good dietician amongst your many ailments.

12. Tech N9ne is an underground artist. Anyone who follows my columns knows I'm a huge Tech fan. He's not a gangsta rapper. He's not the most positive rapper, either. But he's headed in a positive direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted