1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock Hits Another Out of The Park

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dude.... wear it like a badge of honor.

2. FB

Yes, it did feel odd two black men sitting in a Gates BBQ discussing how black people should correct their own problems. Very strange. Maybe I'll bring my laptop next time, log on here so we can hear straight from you, our messiah.

Glad I have you here to keep me on track. You know it's McDonald's fault that I'm overweight. I'm going to picket McDonald's in between double cheeseburgers.

3. C. Vivian is misguided.

4. You talking to me?
    I merely pointed out that Mr. Reynolds's agenda -- and that of the president he serves, and the "base" that president serves -- is more than likely different from your own, based on the very easily researched historical record. By doing so, I gave your sincerity on the issue the benefit of the doubt. Nice retort, by the way. Did you do any research before writing this column?

5. FB

What you fail to understand is that I don't have a base, an ideology or a political agenda. I represent one person. And that's all I want to represent.

If the head of the KKK told me black culture needs to enthusiastically embrace education, I wouldn't reject that fact because of the robe the guy was wearing. I don't really care who speaks the truth. I really don't. One of these days you're going to say something I agree with and I'm going to enthusiastically applaud you for it. Period. But so far you come off like someone who believes black people don't have the intellect and willpower to heal their own culture. I reject that. I don't reject you. I still read your stuff.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, indeed, anyone who does not hold the same beliefs as the King of Black America is "misguided."

I guess back when you were using hip-hop/street slang in every Page 2 and later AOL culmun, you were misguided, too. But now that you have delcared yourself King of Black America, you have seen how evil hip-hop is (well, all except your one hip-hop friend).
    Good to know you're going to solve the probelms of Black America while sitting in Gates BBQ stufffing your face.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wait, so does this mean we lost Spnited's slam on Rok? Because that was friggin impressive.

8. dude, i still use hip-hop slang. what are you talking about?

in the original kc star column... i used lyrics from kanye west's gold digger song.... "i ain't saying sharpton, jackson and stringer are gold diggas but they ain't...."

I LOVE HIP HOP....

i just want to see it go a different direction, back to an uplifting direction or just party direction.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Love hip hop..hate the culture?

Contradictory?

10. I think everybody on here makes really good points. It's important to talk about things.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

By the way, that was very clumsy. You should have spent more time on that.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Why/how the hell is DickHeadBoom still allowed to delete his own threads? I thought that nonsense was put to a stop?

Draft saved Draft deleted