1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock follows through

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pocket Aces, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey dane grubber, nice line of excuses after looking like an idiot.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was great ... you're hired.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

VersAce lives in a world where aesthetics rule the day.

4. JME

JME Member

And the most abrasive new poster award goes to ...

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

aesthetics and hallucinations ...

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I totally agree.

And if anyone else but this guy had said this, they'd be flamed for ripping "such a great guy and writer!"

7. that's because you guys don't realize that "this guy" desperately wants to be the people he criticizes. it's the oldest game in the book played by people who have accomplished little.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't know who he is or what he does and don't much give a rat's ass, but he almost always comes clean.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey dipshit, just like with your professional life, you took this out of context. someone attempted to say i was bitter ... i responded saying i wasn't.

nice half-assed piece sunday ... i'm sure your SE loved it as well.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I shall be in KC in a couple, three weeks on assignment and I'll sniff around and see what is up with Whitlock and this curious hatred toward him.
    Read him and the Star every day. See if great dane really is served anywhere in KC and chat it up with JDub since he'll surely be in the buffet line. Maybe even check out the fancy schmancy eating joint in the art museum for dane, but I'll surely take in a burnt tips sammich. Maybe that is dane, damn you Arthur Bryant's for your delicious BBQed dane.
    I shall also investigate the Royals and the poker room at the Harrah's.
    And on Thomas Earl Petty: I don't know if it is sad or hilarious. I've concluded that you are Whitlock's Pickle-Juice, a fictional character designed to stir it up. A prank gone awry, taken on a life of its own. That has to be why someone would equate having a satellite dish with the good life.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn dude, you nailed it. now if i only had my fictional great dane back ... i really miss puddles, a lot.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

somehow, the description of your hometown in no way surprises me. ... i'm sure your family moved the broken down car in the front yard every month or two, though, so it wouldn't completely kill the grass.

Draft saved Draft deleted