1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock done all around ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by loveyabye, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Whitlock himself worked in a fat joke in the column.

Never give an interview to a blog. We may think nobody reads it, but then somebody posts a link to it here and someone actually reads the thing.

Good for you, Jason. Somehow I think you'll do just fine without ESPN.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Over. I'd say around midnight to 1 a.m. EST.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

You had to go and mention that, huh Mr. Esquire?
    Powerful column. We feel terrible about Whitlock's outcome, but talented writers will always have a place at newspapers, magazines, or websites. Clearly, from the response on here, he's one of the best in the country.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice job, bubs... Bitch of it is, lil Loopy is sitting back going "see! See! I got rid of him. Don't fuck with me, you're next," like Peter Lorre in some bad movie from the 1930s

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jason will prosper, as he should. AOL won't be sorry he's arriving carrying a newsworthy little controversy along with his laptop. Jason enjoys fucking with the world and has the honesty to expect the world's gonna fuck with him in return on occasion.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

ESPN is impervious to looking bad. There is no other way to explain DJ Stewy and Playmakers.

Loved the column....a media career without ESPN, what a concept...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, WWL keeps DJ Stuey, Screamin A, and Poop Jackson, but ditches Whitlock... amazin

8. ned racine

ned racine Member

way to go Jason....I would love someone to applaud you as a "Parting Shot" on a Sunday morning...

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great job, Jason.

The same thing happened with T.J. Simers and his departure from the World Wide Misleader.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm....that's right. In the future, we could have columnists trying to reach ESPN-level stardom, only to orchestrate a parting to make their cred bones.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

And that is much appreciated. In the race to bash Bonds like everyone pretty much does, you stood your ground. Good work.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well done, Jason. And more kudos for having enough fortitude to expose Scoop for the bad, bad joke that he really is. And while I don't care for Bonds myself, is piling on necessary?

The outcome doesn't surprise. With ESPN under the Disney umbrella, it's no secret that Disney rules have extended to the "World Wide Leader."

Draft saved Draft deleted