1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock done all around ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by loveyabye, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not as much as you swallow, big boy!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Good comeback. :D

3. Canyonero!

Canyonero! Member

For vin:

[​IMG] Caution: Troll Crossing.

We don't want anyone getting hurt.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My first one in quite a while. Five years will pass before the next one, no doubt.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Point of Order,

Curious as to why you'd compare Hurston and Wright. Very different writers who were shaped by different things. Hurston was very clearly influenced by the Harlem Renaissance; Wright not so much.

Sportsbruh,

Using Hurston might be about the clumsiest analogy of all. Do your homework: Hurston was no liberal, and would have sided with Whitlock on an issue like this.

6. vin1284

vin1284 New Member

what side would Ralph Wiley have been on?

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

On the issue of whether it's easier for African Americans to get into the NBA than it is sports writing? I think it's pretty obvious Ralph would have been furious over someone spouting such ignorant garbage.

8. vin1284

vin1284 New Member

NO, on whether Whitlock was wrong about what he did, personally attacking someone instead of handling it behind closed doors

9. boots

boots New Member

I'm not a big fan of fat ass Whitlock but I do admire his stance. He's got balls. He gets a thumbs up from boots.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why the third person? Seriously.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think he was uncomfortable about where he wanted to put his thumbs, hence, the nervous, yet giggling, third person.

12. boots

boots New Member

It's my style, man. Ya gotta love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted