1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock done all around ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by loveyabye, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I've always Thought about randomly capitalizing Words in a Sentence. Really hammers Home the point.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sportsbruh: I'm going to the doctor now. If I just got brain cancer, I'm sending you the bill.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It worked For A.A. Milne.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Does that mean Sportsbruh is a Bear of Very Little Brain?

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Funny, isn't it, how Scoop's column and this post both refer to "Mr. Whitlock"? Coincidence?

6. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

You're right Scoop. Whitlock is not on TV anymore. But someday he'll be on TV again, and you'll still be Scoop Jackson.

I'd rather be Whitlock.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Zing!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or...

Whitlock will look at the TV, see Scoop still Flavor Flav-ing during a shoutfest-billed as a talk show and realize getting away from the ESPN was the best thing he could have done.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I don't care much for his writing, but I've met Scoop, heckuva nice guy. So I don't think being Scoop Jackson is all that bad.

10. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I'm flattered that you people think I'm Mr. Scoop Jackson. Yet, I sorry to inform you that I'm not.

A little black history for ya:

W.E.B Duboise (Noted black civil rights historian, leader and founder of the NAACP who also lead black people away from the Republican party) criticized Nora Zeale Hurston's writing as primitive and jigaboo-ish. Nora eventually died alone and pennyless in an unmarked grave (after penning over 10 books).

Along came Alice Walker (Pulitzer Prize Winning Author) who found Ms. Hurston's works and REPUBLISHED them. Nora Zeale Hurstons books sold like hotcakes. Then along came Oprah who made one of Ms. Hurston's books into a move "Their Eyes Were Watching God."

Moral of the story. Just because some PRUDE don't like your work TODAY don't mean you are not a success.

Mr. Whitlock believes himself as the "Patron Saint" of "black sportswriters" HE NOT!

I see Scoop Jackson being a Media Success and Mr. Whitlock reduced to (if anything) a Internet Celebrity.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bruh, are you a journalist?

Whitlock has a great gig at the KC Star. He's twice the writer (both talent-wise and weight-wise) than Scoop. If you want to be a media whore, then I can see Scoop being a hero. But if you want to be a writer, you should follow Whitlock's path.

And it's Du Bois.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted