1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock displays penis....envy in latest column

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Jan 28, 2010.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So what as long as that's who he is? Do people whine about Hunter Thompson's drug-addled, bizarro, nut case schtick? How about Kerouac's drug- and alcohol-fueled, stream-of-conscious beatnick schtick? And the list of "unrepentant misogynist" writers is a long one with guys like Ernest Hemingway and Norman Mailer leading the way.

The writers who lose me are the ones who first figure out the politically correct position and then work backwards to play to the crowd.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thompson, Kerouac, Hemingway, Mailer. ... Whitlock.

Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle. ... Costanza.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You know, I can be entertained by some stupid, awful things too. But I have the self-awareness to know that they are bad.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Nothing new here that Roy Blount didn't write about in his great "73 Steelers book. Whitlock is fat, and that's derivative, too.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Back in the early SJ days I still remember Jones relaying the story of having to interview Jim Fregosi while his purple hued member was eye level .

I was repulsed for weeks.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If a jealous ex-girlfriend sold those to make Oden sweat, then she's a few fries short of a happy meal.

Ladies will be lining up for Greg now for more reasons than his youth, money and looks. The line will just have to start a foot away, that's all.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

His youth and looks? Greg Oden looks like he's 56 years old.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Your youth and looks go but you gain other large benefits when you hit 50. Why do you think you see so many young ladies with older men.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Cause they like guys that drive Hummers

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That too. 8)

Seriously, how old is Oden? He's a boy, has no idea how to use that thing. Give him twenty or thirty years to figure it out, then it's worth something.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Your number of posts = leet. Congrats on hitting 1337.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Greg Oden looks like Ossie Davis' older brother.

Draft saved Draft deleted