1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock Comes Down with Writers Block

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by Boom_70, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thought this story would be an interesting discussion for young journalists.

Whitlock with seemingly nothing to write in his usual Thursday NFL column phones it in.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-truths-too-much-even-for-jason-whitlock-121610

2. lono

lono Active Member

Whitlock phoning it in?

Next you're going to tell me there's no Santa Claus or that Jerry Jones has his original face.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, poor Jason used up all his creative energy (aka bullshit) comparing Brett Favre to Muhammad Ali.

Too bad there's no editor at Fox with the balls to get this column and call Whitlock and say "No offense, but we can't run the pile of shit and try to pass it off as a column."

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Boom, I'm assuming you didn't post this here, in SportsJournalists.com's version of Siberia.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's no secret how much I like the NFL and how indifferent I am to baseball, in general. But there are a lot of good baseball writers out there. Not so for football. I need a fucking column!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Anyone... Anyone...

Where's that echo coming from?

Can we put this back on the real board? When did any thread with Whitlock in the title not get 100-200 posts?

This board is to criticize Timmy's gamer, not to discuss Whitlock and Charles Pierce.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It was ... TIMMAY! ... a tale of two halves ...

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This cracked me up.

Next week: TIMMAY! covers a Thanksgiving football game, comes up with a lede about the turkey tasting better for the winning team.

Draft saved Draft deleted