1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock: Chiefs Todd Haley is a Fraud as NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The 'Patriots Way'=cheating/fraud

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What does Whitlock think of what Uncle Pete's done in Seattle, I wonder?

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the Chiefs could only manage two division wins this year.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

From what I could gauge by reading all of the KC coverage of the Chiefs, Pioli is a guy who is trying to run the show like Belichick: cloak and dagger. Not a lot of KC media likes it one bit, and Whitlock's column doesn't surprise me one bit. He's never liked Pioli and he thinks the Chiefs were lucky this year.

Granted the Chiefs got a few lucky breaks, but if Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones isn't running the ball and picking up yards, defenses will force Cassel to throw and win the game.

Apparently, Whitlock still thinks Carl Petersen is still the GM. Haley has done a nice job with this team. Can they use this season to improve next season will be the challenge for them.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A case built mostly on guesswork that he doesn't even try to properly support. The only solid point he makes is that the Chiefs should be giving Charles the ball more.

A good year as a college offensive coordinator is going to earn Weis a head coaching job in the NFL? Seriously?

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I am hearing that the Weis/Haley schism was very much real, to the point that they were arguing pretty much all the time. In fact, my source says the Cassel benching in Tennessee happened when Weis called a play, Haley overruled the play and Cassel went with the original call anyway.

Now, given the level of douchebaggery involved between Haley and Weis, it would have been more surprising if it actually worked out.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Occam's Razor helps here. Team picked to finish either third or fourth in the weakest division in the NFL wins 10 games and the division and is in the playoffs, and that translates to the coach and GM stink? Jason is full of it.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that the schism was there. When Charlie was brought in during the summer, there was a hint of Weis and Haley not getting along.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Whitlock's a racist.

10. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

So Haley embittered some of those with him on the Cardinals and he's made a few too many gambles on fourth down and he started someone else other than the 195-pound Jamaal Charles (who's better than Chris Johnson ... because JW said he was!) ... and this makes him a fraud because ....
    Oh, that's right, he overrode his OC (which, as a college HC I know well tells me, he can do because he's the damn HC).
    I don't see how all that time spent on discussing what a shitheel Pioli may happen to be has anything to do with Mr. Whitlock's central point of Haley being fraud. I would have preferred to have seen some other indicators of his lack of competency, other than he overrode Weis' calls, he likes to show how big his proverbial Johnson is on fourth down and he opted to start a veteran back over the slight of build Charles (and let's not even begin to question that, since 195-pound backs are known to stand up to the rigors of 25 carries a game in the NFL, right, JW?)
    OK, so the Chiefs got their lunch handed to them today by a damn good Ravens team. Baltimore just may wind up playing for the AFC title. This is a reflection on Haley's coaching ability?
    I've never read much of his work before and if this is any indication of the depth of it, have I missed that much?

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

roll tide

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Whitlock is not a racist. Just last week, he unloaded on Vince Young. Mike Vick was one of his favorite targets for years.

Whitlock prides himself, in fact, in mercilessly tearing down what he considers the worst parts of black culture. He might be one of Al Sharpton's most frequent critics.

Whitlock is a lot of things. A racist is certainly not one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted